Customer.io Product Documentation – Lunchbox
1. Export your customer data from your previous POS, Loyalty and/or CRM solutions.
In the Customer.io Documentation, it mentions that you can import a customer list and import it as a CSV. Once you have that data, export it as a CSV and follow the instructions in the Customer.io import template.
2. Open the Customer.io Import Template, review the instructions and make a copy or download to edit.
3. To make a copy, click on
Make a copy
6. Click on the Import Template tab
Once you've made a copy or downloaded it and decided that you would like to use the import template, navigate to the Import Template tab to start adding data.
7. Enter customer data in the Import Template tab
This is where you can enter customer data such as Name, Email, Phone Number, etc. if you would like to preemptively import it into Customer.io before the customer places their first order through Lunchbox online ordering.
8. Download the Google sheet as a CSV
Click File > Download > Comma Separate Values (.csv)
Your file will then be downloaded to the specified location on your computer to upload to Customer.io next.
Dashboard | Customer.io
Follow the steps to upload your CSV customer data file to Customer.io.
1. Navigate to your Customer.io worksplace and click on People
2. Click on Add People
3. Click on Import a CSV
4. Drag and Drop -or- Choose your CSV file to import
Make sure People is selected for "Choose what to import"
5. Review the file upload and click Next
Make sure your file is correct, confirm "email" as you people identifier, "ignore" empty values and click Next to proceed to the next step.
6. Confirm that fields are mapped correctly
This is to ensure that the data fields used in column headers match data fields in Customer.io . If anything is off, you will see it and be able to correct it here.
7. Once you confirm the Map Fields, click Next
8. Review your Import and Complete Import
This example found 1 new person to add from your CSV. You'll see existing people merged by the email identifier in "Existing People" if you have any.
9. Review Import Summary
Once the Import is complete, you will be able to review it and navigate to people who have been added or edited and create actions right for the segment of users that you recently imported (Broadcasts, Campaigns, etc.)