Toast discounts that work with Lunchbox:
- Fixed Percentage
- Fixed Value
Step 1: Start in the Toast backend and navigate to the Discount tab under the Payments section.
Step 2: Select + Add a Discount to create the discount.
Name the discount.
Confirm that the Target field is directed at the intended restaurant or restaurant group.
Confirm that the Owner field is listed as the intended restaurant or restaurant group in the hierarchy.
Select the Discount Type from the dropdown (fixed %, fixed $, or BOGO).
If Fixed % or Fixed $: Select whether it is an Item or Check-based discount.
If BOGO: Select applicable Buy Items and Get Items.
Step 4: (If using Lunchbox Loyalty)
If using loyalty through Lunchbox, make sure the Allow with other discounts box is checked under Advanced Settings.
Step 5: Save and publish the changes before leaving the Toast backend.
NOTE: Do not edit the additional settings within the discount on Toast (ex. availability, promo code, etc.) as this will be configured in Lunchbox.
Step 6: Navigate to the discounts section of the Lunchbox dashboard.
Step 7: Sync the newly published changes by selecting the Sync with POS button in the upper-righthand corner.
Step 8: Click into the newly created discount to begin setting the configurations.
Step 9: Configure the discount parameters.
- Confirm that the POS GUID matches the discount within Toast.
- NOTE: When you’re within the discount on the Toast backend, the GUID will be visible as the last segmentation of letters and numbers in the URL.
- Enter in any applicable Discount Minimums that must be met for the discount to apply.
- Configure any Availability Limitations (the availability is based on the UTC Time Zone).
- NOTE: Do not enter anything into the Codes section as the promotional codes will be configured elsewhere.
- Check the boxes for the Order Types that this discount should apply to.
- Check off whether the discount should be used for First Order Only or Allow for Multiple Uses (limit can be set once selected).
- NOTE: If neither is selected, this will default to being a single-use discount.
Step 10: Configure Location Availability and eligible Items.
- Toggle the individual Location Availability or quickly enable everywhere for use.
- Add any eligible Items for the discount to apply to if necessary.
- If BOGO: Include ALL items that the BOGO will apply to as both the buy and get.
- Guests will need to add both items to the cart and a promo code to redeem the value.
Step 11: Set up the Promo Codes.
- Name the promotion.
- Choose the redemption type (limited or unlimited).
- NOTE: The redemption type is determining the total amount of redemptions that can occur, this will not determine the number of times an individual code can be redeemed.
- Set your redemption limit.
- NOTE: The redemption limit refers to how many times (not unique users) you would like to be able to redeem this promo code (e.g., the first 100 times that this code is used will get 5% off, in this case 100 would be the redemption limit). To make a discount limit to one time use per unique user, set the usage limit on the main discount page to 1.
- Choose the promo code creation method.
- Generate for me: This will create a selected amount of unique codes that can be easily exported.
- This feature should be accompanied by a redemption limit that matches the number of codes you are trying to generate.
- Select the Submit button to go back to the Discounts page.
Step 12: Under the Promotions section, you should now see your new promotion, its overall usage, and generated revenue.
NOTE: You can click inside of the promotion to see an individual breakdown of each code’s respective usage and generated revenue.