Searching For Orders Feature
Step 1: Start by logging in to your dashboard and selecting Search for Orders from the menu on your left.
Step 2: This will load up a list of the twenty (20) most recent orders by default. If you have a location selected from the top dropdown (i.e., All Locations dropdown), this will also filter the orders on this list by that location. Directly below the Location dropdown is the choice to select between Restaurant Group Orders and Marketplace Orders options.
Step 3: There are multiple filters available to aid with searching for orders, such as:
- First Name: Finds orders that were placed by a customer with the given first name.
- Last Name: Finds orders that were placed by a customer with the given last name.
- Order Number: Filter based on the Order Number.
- Email: Filter based on an input email address.
- Status: Filter to only see orders that are either:
- Out For Delivery
- Errored (Failed to send to POS)
- Order Type: Filter to only see orders that are either:
- Dine In
- Date Created: A date range filter used to select specific ranges of time or custom ranges.
Step 4: Selecting the Filter button will perform a search with the criteria you've provided.
Step 5: Selecting the Reset button will reset all the search criteria you've provided, and return the list to showing only the 20 most recent orders.
Step 6: Now that you've properly searched for the items you are looking for, you'll see a resulting list of orders. Each order contains the following information:
- Check #: The reference number for the check, as determined by the POS.
- Guest: The name of the customer who placed the order.
- Location: The restaurant location that the order was placed for.
- Amount: The total check amount that the order came out to. This amount is determined by the following formula:
- Total Amount = Check Total + Delivery - Discounts + Tax + Tip - Applied Loyalty Credit
- Tax: The itemized tax amount that is added to the order.
- Order Type: The type for this order (i.e., Dine In, Takeout, Delivery).
- Platform: This specifies which Operating System the order was placed on (i.e., iOS, Web, Android, etc.) as well as the Version of the Lunchbox platform that the customer was using (e.g., primarily used by Lunchbox technicians).
- Order Date: The date and time that the order was placed. Future order information is present inside the order details.
NOTE: You'll also notice that a card decline is present on this list (located in the Check # column). This helps to track down issues a customer may be having placing an order.
Exporting Order Data
Step 1: You can select the Export CSV button, located on the right-hand side of the Orders section, to save all of the order data to a spreadsheet.
- How to export guest information to get several orders?
Orders must first be filtered before exporting to a CSV file. Once filtered, select the Export CSV button.
- If I will refund or void the guest’s purchase, how should I do that?
Once the necessary order has been found on the Admin Dashboard, simply select Refund or Void.