Follow the below instructions to import a CSV of your customer data into the Lunchbox CRM Marketing tool (powered by Customer.io)
Table of Contents
1. Export your customer data from your previous POS, Loyalty and/or CRM solutions.
In the Customer.io Documentation, it mentions that you can import a customer list and import it as a CSV. Once you have that data, export it as a CSV and follow the instructions in the Customer.io Import Template: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KecO5pJWgC2J4if\_cSgsS74pLSFlFyhqBSTUc20Z1l0/edit?usp=sharing
2. Open the Customer.io Import Template
Once open, review the instructions and make a copy or download to edit.
3. To make a copy, click on File
4. Click on Make a copy
5. Rename (optional) and Make a copy
6. Click on the Import Template tab
Once you've made a copy or downloaded it and decided that you would like to use the import template, navigate to the Import Template tab to start adding data.
Note: If you are simply going to be importing your previous solutions' CSV export, be sure to follow the instructions for renaming the column headers.
7. Enter customer data in the Import Template tab
This is where you can enter customer data such as Name, Email, Phone Number, etc. if you would like to preemptively import it into Customer.io before the customer places their first order through Lunchbox online ordering.
8. Right-click on Instructions to delete the instructions page
9. Click on Delete to prepare the Google sheet file for export
10. Click on OK to confirm and delete the tab
11. Download the Google sheet as a CSV
Click File > Download > Comma Separate Values (.csv)
Your file will then be on your desktop to upload to Customer.io next.
Follow the steps to upload your CSV customer data file to Customer.io.
12. Navigate to your Customer.io worksplace and click on People
13. Click on Add People
14. Click on Import a CSV
15. Drag and Drop -or- Choose your CSV file to import
Make sure People is selected for "Choose what to import"
Alternatively, you can Import the Google Sheet by connecting your Google account (keeping in mind that it will not continue to update based on changes made in the Google Sheet and will require additional imports if changes are made)
16. Review the file upload and click Next
Make sure your file is correct, confirm "email" as you people identifier, "ignore" empty values and click Next to proceed to the next step.
17. Confirm that fields are mapped correctly
This is to ensure that the data fields used in column headers match data fields in Customer.io . If anything is off, you will see it and be able to correct it here.
18. Once you confirm the Map Fields, click Next
19. Review your Import and Complete Import
This example found 1 new person to add from your CSV. You'll see existing people merged by the email identifier in "Existing People" if you have any.
20. Review Import Summary
Once the Import is complete, you will be able to review it and navigate to people who have been added or edited and create actions right for the segment of users that you recently imported (Broadcasts, Campaigns, etc.)