A Refund refers to the returning of funds, typically to a Guest who is not satisfied with goods or services bought. In this feature, Refunds can be made in a partial or full amount, and Lunchbox automatically calculates how much should be refunded in Loyalty and how much should be refunded back to the Guest’s credit card.
Step 1: In the Search for Orders page (located in the menu pane), click on any item in the order list after filtering the provided criteria.
Step 2: Orders can be searched for by using any of the fields located at the top of the page.
NOTE: By default, the Status and Order Type fields are set to All, but can be filtered using the dropdown list function. The Order Number will also match whatever the assigned number is within the POS.
Step 3: After selecting the Filter button, the page will give all the information based on the criteria provided.
Step 4: Select the line item with the order needed. This will lead to the Order Details page that will give all the information of the order such as the Check #, Transaction Status, Ticket Summary, Items Purchased, etc.
Step 5: Scroll down and select the Refund button, located in the Ticket Summary section.
Step 6: The Payment Summary section will appear, which is a form that is used to submit a refund for an order.
Refunds can be made partially or in full; Lunchbox automatically calculates how much should be refunded in Loyalty and how much should be refunded back to the guest's card. Loyalty is always refunded in full before refunding money back to the guest's card.
- Refundable Amount: Amount that would be refunded back to the guest's card.
- Refundable Loyalty: Amount of loyalty that would be refunded back to the guest's account.
Step 7: Submit a refund by inputting the refund amount in the Total Refund Amount field and selecting the Process Refund button.
NOTE: Only commit on Accepted orders, because Pending orders haven't been processed yet.
Step 8: Select the Refund button and confirm to complete the process.
NOTE: Any applied Loyalty credits will automatically be refunded to the Guest first.
Step 9: To check if the Refund was successful, the Total Amount Refunded will be reflected on the page. This will show the Loyalty Refunded and the Payment Refunded.
NOTE: Refund the order on the POS as well to eliminate any reporting discrepancies.
- To ensure that your refund is reported in the Lunchbox Admin Dashboard and your POS system, it is important to use the same ticket number to locate, re-open, and process the refund for the guest in your POS system as well.
- After the refund has been processed, take a screenshot of the order and highlight the refunded amount to send to the guest. This is great show of customer service, which provides added confidence to the guest that you are communicating with.
When do we get the full refund and partial refund?
This depends on the Guest's specific request. The amount requested for the Refund must not be greater than the total amount available on the check.
Who processes the refund? Is it the Restaurant or Lunchbox?
Depending on the Restaurant operator's permissions, they should have the capability to grant a refund to the Guest from the Admin Dashboard.
- Does the refund for the guest process in the POS or the Lunchbox Admin Dashboard
Lunchbox is your payment processor, so [while the refund should be performed in the POS for reporting purposes] the guest will be refunded financially (3-5 business days) through Lunchbox.